- 1. Filmmakers
- 2. Plans and Pricing
- 3. Buyers and Distributors
- 4. Account and Profile
- 5. Posting Your Title
- 6. Delivery Materials
- 1. Will my movie get sold internationally?11.09.18More
Distributors are in business to license and release films, that's what they do and always are looking for new titles.
There are many factors they take into account, your film's production quality, genre, budget, and cast. Also it depends on each distributor’s requirements.
You have to remember in addition to paying the license fee for your movie, distributors also have to invest money in releasing it in their territory, they have to pay for the delivery materials costs for your film, marketing costs and duplication expenses, so it all adds up. Distributors want to make sure that whatever movie they license has the ability to allow them to recoup their investment and realize a profit.
The better the production value of a film is, the better it will be received by distributors.
Our goal is to expose and license your film to as many distributors and broadcasters in as many territories as possible. We have the know-how and the relationships to get your film seen by many buyers, but we cannot guarantee if they will buy it, its up to them at that point.
- 2. I only have certain territories available will i be able to post my film?11.09.18More
Yes, if you have sold many of the territories in the world and only have a few available, you are able to publish your film here and make those territories only available to international buyers.
- 3. What is your international sales service?11.09.18More
We promote and offer your film to worldwide buyers.
Interested buyers will contact us inquiring about rights and pricing.
Buyers make offers and we negotiate to conclude a deal.
When a deal in concluded we draw and execute the contracts.
We collect the sales revenues from the buyer.
We create all delivery materials and ship them to the buyer.
- 4. What is your U.S. Distribution service?11.09.18More
With our U.S. distribution service, we guarantee placement on select major digital platforms such as iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Microsoft, Xbox, Amazon Video, FlixHouse and others.
Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and cable channels such as SyFy, Showtime, Starz and others require that we pitch them the films, then after they screen them, they decide if to acquire the films or not.
Check out our PLANS HERE
- 5. When I publish my film on FILMTVMART can I also submit it to other platforms or is it exclusive?11.09.18More
FILMTVMART will be the exclusive representative of your film for the rights and the territories agreed upon.
You might only choose FILMTVMART for domestic distribution, then you are able to have a different platform or entity represent your film for international or visa-versa.
- 6. What function does FILMTVMART play in the sale of my movie?11.09.18More
For north America we distribute your film to most of the major digital platforms - iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play, YouTube, Microsoft, Xbox, FlixHouse and many more.
We are able to pitch you film to platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Redbox, Walmart and cable channels such as SyFy, Starz and Showtime. These platforms and channels screen the films and then decide if they will acquire it or not.
- 7. Do you act as my sales agent for my film?11.09.18More
Yes FILMTVMART will act as your representative, we will enter into an agreement with you to represent your film either as a distributor in the USA, as a sales representative for international or the whole world.
- 8. Who can submit films to FILMTVMART?11.09.18More
Filmmakers, producers, production companies, sales agents, and producer's reps.
Each individual or company, must own the rights or is the legal representative of the owner of the work submitted.
- 9. Why do I need FILMTVMART?11.09.18More
Thousands of films do not find distribution, not because they are not good, simply because market conditions have changed tremendously and becoming very challenging for independent film.
FILMTVMART was created to help you find distribution for your film and even the grounds for you.
1- We offer FILMTVMART titles to distributors worldwide which gives your film a chance to be discovered and seen by those distributors who otherwise did not know about your film because you did not have other means of reaching them.
2- We also save you a tremendous amounts of money traditional sales agencies charge in distribution costs and marketing charges.
3- With FILMTVMART there are no hidden distribution fees or marketing charges thus you keep more of your money.
4- FILMTVMART only charges the agreed upon monthly plan and 25% commission on sales we complete.
5- The monthly plan goes towards paying for our operations costs, encoding and delivery of titles to platforms,we only make money when we license films.
- 10. What is FILMTVMART?11.09.18More
FILMTVMART is film distribution and international sales service.
In north America we distribute films to most of the major VOD platforms as well pitch films to major cable companies, broadcasters and DVD retailers.
For international we represent, promote and license films in all media (VOD, DVD, PPV, Pay TV, Ancillary and Theatrical) to worldwide distributors, broadcasters and VOD platforms.
- 1. Why are the fees so low?11.09.18More
In a business where costs are always high, there has to be a way to get films to the right people directly without so much overhead. FILMTVMART allows to eliminate all the costs associated with attending and exhibiting at the traditional film markets, so our overhead stays low and we pass these savings on to our filmmakers.
That is exactly why the price is so low. We want to level the playing field, and make it easier for anyone to have their films seen and bought by legitimate distributors from around the world.
- 2. Do you charge a sales commission?11.09.18More
Yes. We collect a sales commission of 25% per film, from all gross receipts earned through FILMTVMART.
25% applies to North American Distribution and International sales.
Commissions will be paid to FILMTVMART only after the revenues have been collected from the release platforms as well as after an international sale have been completed and the license fees have been collected from the buyer.
- 3. What are the U.S. Distribution monthly fees for?12.09.18More
To submit and deliver titles to the major VOD platforms in the U.S., we have to work with vendor labs who have been approved by these platforms. The monthly fees are collected to pay for the services of these vendors.
We basically advance the costs and then we recoup them from your monthly payments, we are helping filmmakers by us carrying these costs in advnace.
- 4. Plans and Pricing11.09.18More
We offer 3 main plans, U.S. (North American) Distribution $199/month for 12 months, International Sales fr $99/month for 12 months and Worldwide (U.S. and International) for $249/month for 12 months. Check out our plans page here Plans
FILMTVMART will be entitled to and deduct a 25% Sales Commission from all gross receipts earned from the sales of each film.
- 1. What happens if I receive defective delivery materials from you?11.09.18More
You have a 30 days inspection period, if within those 30 days you have found the materials to be defective, you contact us and provide us with a report stating what the issues are. It is the responsibility of FILMTVMART and the producers to fix the issues and redeliver the corrected materials to you. If the delivery materials could not be corrected you will be refunded your license and delivery materials fees.
- 2. How can I submit payment for a title?11.09.18More
You make the payment of license fees by wire transfer to FILMTVMART bank trust account where the money is held until you receive complete delivery of the materials and you have 30 days to inspect them.
- 3. Who executes delivery on a title and how?11.09.18More
We manufacture the delivery materials and ship to you, you have 15 days inspection period.
- 4. How do I make an offer for a film I am interested in?11.09.18More
Just contact us via our website, or by telephone and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- 5. Who am I licensing films from, FILMTVMART or the owners of the pictures?11.09.18More
You will be doing business with FILMTVMART's parent company FlixHouse Global LLC. We represent all the films and we utilize IFTA Model International Licensing Agreement Forms.
- 6. How do I check avails for my territory?11.09.18More
When your register, and login you will be able to see the list of availabilities at the bottom of each title's page.
- 7. Who can screen and license films on the FILMTVMART site?11.09.18More
Only accredited buyers will be able to screen and license films directly from the FILMTVMART website.
- 8. I am a distributor, how do I become a member of FILMTVMART?11.09.18More
You first need to register on our site as a buyer, and enter your details and company info. After we verify your info, you become an accredited buyer and you will have complete access with full privileges.
You may also contact us and we will be glad to register you ourselves and send you your account info.
- 9. What is an accredited buyer?11.09.18More
An accredited buyer is a distributor who has recently licensed a minimum of 3 films from 3 different companies, FILMTVMART verifies the info provided and then grants you full access to our site, you become and accredited buyer.
- 10. What does FILMTVMART offer me as a distributor?11.09.18More
FILMTVMART brings you films that you might not have access to the traditional way, we reach out to independent filmmakers from around the globe, as well as production companies and producer's reps. We bring you truly independent films, documentaries, TV series from talented filmmakers and make available to you 24/7 at one location and you can access them from your computer or mobile devices.
- 1. What if I lost my password?11.09.18More
Click on Forgot password? on the login page and enter your e-mail address, then click Submit and you will receive and email with a link to reset your password.
- 2. How do I change my password?11.09.18More
Login to FILMTVMART. In the main menu under Log Out click on the Your Profile Page link, then simply click the Change My Password button, there will be the option to change your password.
- 3. How can I edit my profile?11.09.18More
Login to FILMTVMART. In the main menu under Log Out click on the Your Profile Page link, then enter any information you wish to update.
- 4. Do I have to list a film to become a member of FILMTVMART?11.09.18More
Yes, FILMTVMART is a distribution and international sales service, our main goal to distribute and license films.
If you are interested to stay in touch with us, you can signup for our newletter or follow us on social media.
- 1. How do I make my movie page go live on FILMTVMART?11.09.18More
After you have entered all the relevant information for your film, you need to publish it. To do that, under your film page you will see the link Publish, click on it and your film page will be live instantly.
- 2. Do I have to follow YouTube's uploading policy when I upload my video?11.09.18More
Respect the YouTube Community
Don't Cross the Line
- YouTube is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video, even if it's a video of yourself, don't post it on YouTube. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation. Please read our Safety Center and stay safe on YouTube.
- Don't post videos showing bad stuff like animal abuse, drug abuse, under-age drinking and smoking, or bomb making.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone being physically hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don't post it.
- YouTube is not a shock site. Don't post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to shock or disgust.
- Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- Everyone hates spam. Don't create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
We Enforce These Guidelines
YouTube is for the Community
- Have fun with the site. There's a lot to see here, and lots of folks making amazing stuff-one of them might be you! Equipment's getting cheaper and easier to use all the time, so dive in and enjoy.
- Let folks know what you think. Feedback's part of the experience, and when done with respect, can be a great way to make friends, share stories, and make your time on YouTube richer. So leave comments, rate videos, make your own responses to videos that affect you, enter contests of interest-there's a lot going on and a lot of ways to participate.
-The YouTube Team
- 3. Can I embed my video from another location to play on my movie page?11.09.18More
We only allow embedding from YouTube.
If you already have your video on YouTube simply copy the URL from the YouTube page in the address bar at the top
Then in your video upload page on FILMTVMART just paste the URL in YouTube trailer box.
- 4. Do you allow trailers with nudity?11.09.18More
We utilize YouTube to upload and play all our film trailers on FILMTVMART, so we are strictly following their guidelines and policies, and they do not allow nudity for public showing of videos.
- 1. What are your closed caption requirements for submitted films?11.09.18More
All content for release in the US/CA requires closed captioning (CC).
Films with English subtitles may not currently require CC, nevertheless, it is strongly recommended you provide CC.
CC is accepted as either .CAP, .SCC, .ITT, or .SRT.
For more information about CC and requirements please consult
- 2. What are the required metadata for submitted films?11.09.18More
- Cast and Crew – Enter at least one of each
- Copyright – Ex: 2015 Network Films Six, Inc.
- Country of Origin – Country where the film was made
- Language (language of metadata) – (Ex: English)
- Original Spoken Locale – Original language of film (Ex: If the characters are speaking French, but the film has English subtitles, the Original Spoken Locale is French)
- Production Company – Production Company for film
- Synopsis – Synopsis of film
- Theatrical Release Date (if applicable) – If no theatrical release date is available, you may enter the physical release date (DVD/BluRay) or the EST/VOD start date
- Title – Title exactly as you want it to appear on storefront
- 3. What are the film's artwork specs?11.09.18More
Should be the theatrical movie poster distributed to theaters and mirror the DVD release. However, there should be no mention of “DVD.” Please use these specifications:
- Preferred Size
– 2:3 aspect ratio
- Minimum Size
– 2000×3000 pixels
- Credit Block should be removed
- No mention of web addresses
- No pricing references
- No placeholder art allowed
- No festival laurels
- Preferred Size
- 4. Film trailers delivery guideline11.09.18More
- No website callouts.
- No call to actions.
– (e.g.) Buy now.
- No release information.
– (e.g.) Available on 12.12.12
- SD trailers may be accepted with HD features.
- 5.1 audio preferred, however, stereo may be accepted.
- Trailers must be green band.
– (e.g.) No nudity, foul language, etc.
- 5. What are your other video guidelines for U.S. Distribution?11.09.18More
- Deliver either an HD or SD version. We do not need both.
– Beginning/end credits included.
– No text in line of subs or CC.
- No up-resed content.
– (e.g.) 720p converted to 1080p.
- No FBI warnings.
- No mixed frame rates or mixed media.
- You may not have bugs, text-tos, watermarks, URLs, or call-outs in the body of the video content. Text-tos, URLs and cut outs will likely be cut from your video to make it compliant with various store regulations.
- For HD price point, 5.1 audio must be delivered with HD content if 5.1 has ever been created or sold on DVD/BluRay.
– If 5.1 has never been created, the HD price point may be allowed with stereo only.
– Stereo audio is allowed if DVD has only stereo and HD never created.
- Do not deliver bonus content unless instructed to.
– (e.g.) Interviews, behind the scenes after the credits, etc
- No mention of 3D in 2D content
– (e.g.) Spy Kids 3Dshould be Spy Kids 3 in opening and closing credits
- 6. What are the specs for digital file delivery of my film?11.09.18More
FILMTVMART requires a file in one of the following formats:
Digital Video File:
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ):
720×480 SD – 16:9 = 853×480 / 4:3 = 640×480
Native Frame Rate (NTSC or PAL)
- Uncompressed QuickTime:
Please use guidelines for ProRes noted above
Audio should be laid out in the following manner:
- 1 – L
- 2 – R
- 3 – C
- 4 – LFE
- 5 – Ls
- 6 – Rs
- 7 – Stereo L
- 8 – Stereo R
All tracks should be PCM Little Endian. Separate 5.1 audio is accepted as .WAV files sent as individual tracks.
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ):